Cambridgeshire area SEND Inspection 2017
In March 2017 the Cambridgeshire Area was inspected by Ofsted / Care Quality Commission on its implementation of SEND Reforms from the Children and Families Act 2014 across education, health and social care.
Many parents fed back views via our survey, meetings, emails and the webinar.
Pinpoint is discussing the results with parents and representatives from health and the local authority through our Partners in Commissioning meetings and are asking how highlighted areas for improvement are being addressed.
Inspectors from Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission visited Cambridgeshire in March to see how well the area is providing for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The visit aimed to evaluate how different partners have been working together to meet the care needs of our children and young people since the big legal reforms of 2014.
Schools, Early Years and FE settings, as well as the local authority and clinical commissioning group, were included in the inspection.
The inspection applies to services for pupils with SEN Support in schools as well as those with EHCPs or statements. And evaluates how well the local authority, health commissioners and providers are at identifying and meeting the needs of children and young people with SEND and improving their outcomes following the Children and Families Act 2014.
Parent carer views on how responsibilities are being met are a vital part of the inspection, which started on Monday March 20.
How parents had a say
Pinpoint Online Survey – now closed, received 547 responses, see Pinpoint Response 20Mar17 (1)
Inspection also includes:
- a parent webinar on Tuesday, March 21 led by the lead inspector, who asked parents and carers about their views and experiences on how effectively Cambridgeshire is fulfilling its SEND responsibilities
- a parent meeting to discuss parent engagement
- discussions with parents via schools and other settings – details below
Nursery, school & college visits by Ofsted inspectors
Ofsted visited the following providers during their visit to Cambridgeshire in March 2017
- Milton CE VC Primary School
- Colville Primary School, Cherry Hinton, Cambridge
- Lionel Walden Primary School, Doddington, March
- Cavalry Primary School, March
- St Ivo School, St Ives
- Cottenham Village College
- Fields Nursery, Cambridge
- Huntingdon Primary School
- Cambridge Regional College, Cambridge
- Beach Babies, Wilburton Nursery, Ely
- Spring Common Academy, Huntingdon