Yesterday, the government published a green paper, Transforming Children and Young People’s Mental Health Provision.
It focuses on earlier intervention and prevention – particularly in or linked to schools and colleges. And is now open for consultation until March 2 2018 – you can read a copy online
The paper includes:
- working with the Children’s Commissioner to explore how social media affects the health of children and young people.
- looking into the impact that technology has on children and young people’s mental health.
- finding out how to best support families who need more help
- piloting shorter waiting times for MH treatment
- researching how to support families
- setting up a new national partnership to improve mental health services for young people aged 16 to 25
- having designated mental health leads at every school and college in the country