The Pinpoint team is made up of parents and carers and we work hard to get the message out to families that there is help out there, but we can’t reach everyone.
We need parents just like you who understand that getting the right help at the right time could make a lifetime of difference to a child and their family.
We need Pinpoint Champions who can…
- Cascade information online – share Pinpoint information, events, and updates on social media with other parents and local community groups
- Contact their schools with Pinpoint information – ask your school if you can advertise Pinpoint sessions on school parent mail or Facebook page, and maybe ask about them setting up a SEND parents page.
- Tell us what parent and carers need to know – things change, and issues arise so please help us make sure our free Pinpoint parent carer sessions are meeting needs of families.
We will give you…
- Regular support so that you will feel confident as a Pinpoint Champion.
- The chance to meet other Pinpoint Champions online each month for a catch up.
- Time Credits in recognition for the time you give us that you can spend on leisure facilities and opportunities
Pinpoint do everything we can to look after you and our service users so as part of recruiting our Parent Champions we will ask you to:
- Complete our Volunteer Agreement form.
- Have an informal zoom meeting with Linda to see if the role works for you.
If you want to know more, just email Linda who will be happy to help: email@example.com.
“As parents of Special Needs children, we have experience of what it feels like when you don’t have the right guidance and knowledge of where to find help and support.
We feel we can help parents to find the right help and support, by listening to their needs and showing them where to get this help on the Pinpoint website page. It feels good to share our stories about our own struggles in order to be able to offer advice on what has worked for us and support different parents and carers when they are going through a difficult time.
Since we have started the Tii hub, we have had so many people comment on how much happier they are, knowing that we can guide them to ask for help from the Pinpoint website.” Pinpoint Champion