Information and Announcements
[24th March] Updated guidance from the Government.
[20th March] Key Workers are listed in this announcement. They are:
- Frontline health workers such as doctors and nurses
- Some teachers and social workers
- Workers in key public services including those essential to the justice system, religious staff, and public service journalists
- Local and national government workers deemed crucial to delivering essential public services
- Workers involved in food production processing, distribution, sale and delivery
- Public safety workers including police, armed forces personnel, firefighters, and prison staff
- Essential air, water, road and rail transport workers
- Utilities, communication and financial services staff, including postal workers, and waste disposal workers
[20th March] Chancellor Rishi Sunak is to announce an employment and wage subsidy package to try to protect millions of jobs.
[19th March] Information from the government about free school meals