Information on managing benefits on behalf of your children/young people

You can apply to the DWP to become an “appointee” and manage benefit affairs for your young person if they are not able to manage things themselves.

Sense, the national charity supporting people who are deafblind, have sensory impairments or complex needs, explains the role of appointee on its website.

Full details and how to apply to become a DWP appointee are on the Government website.