Local sources of benefits information for Cambridgeshire families
- Disability Huntingdonshire (DISH), a registered Cambridgeshire charity, provides free welfare benefits advice and home visits to the people of Huntingdonshire and South Cambridgeshire. DISH can help with application forms and, where applications are refused, can apply for Mandatory Reconsideration, and can take cases to Appeal at Tribunal.
- Disability Cambridgeshire gives free, confidential and impartial advice to people of all ages in South and East Cambridgeshire, Fenland and Cambridge City on most issues relating to disability via its five-day a week advice line. It runs sessions by appointment at Addenbrookes Hospital, Ely CAB and if necessary, at a place of your choice, such as your home. It can help with direct payments or funding for care; benefit entitlements including what you can and can’t claim; Attendance Allowance; challenging decisions and appeals to DLA and PIP decisions; and employment.
- Contact, the UK charity supporting families with disabled children, has benefits advisers can make sure you know about all the different financial help available and give advice on claiming for it. Its free helpline 0808 808 3555 (9.30am-5pm, Monday-Friday) can also put you in touch with local advice agencies for one-to-one help, for example form filling and with national condition support groups, who often provide families advice on claiming benefits specific to their child’s condition.
- Disability Rights UK provide a range of advice and factsheets covering all aspects of benefits and related advice for parent carers and claimants
- Cambridgeshire County Council’s Welfare Benefits Advice offers free support and assistance with claiming disability benefits and other connected benefits for children and young people and adults. Tel 01353 612926.
- Citizens Advice Bureau for Cambridge, and RuralCAB for the rest of Cambridgeshire, can help with benefit, money and legal advice
- Little Miracles cover Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and can offer benefit advice and support
- Spectrum Cambridge can also offer support around benefits