All Local Authorities must have an independent and free advice and guidance service for parent carers of children with special educational needs and or disabilities or to children and ypung people themselves. This video explains how the service works.
The Parent Partnership Service providing Cambridgeshire’s SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) offers impartial and confidential information, advice and support to parents and carers.
SENDIASS can help you with
- Confidential support and someone to talk to in confidence
- Advice and information about special educational needs
- Independent Support for children, young people and families as Statements are transferred to EHC Plans
- Preparing for meetings with your child’s school or with professionals who are working with your child
- Information on your rights and responsibilities as a parent, children’s rights and SEN law and guidance
- Information about local support groups and voluntary organisations
This is a free service.
Their webpage can be found here.
SEND Information, Advice and Support (SENDIASS)
Cambridgeshire County Council, ALC2630, New Shire Hall, Emery Crescent, Enterprise Campus, Alconbury Weald, Huntingdon, PE28 4YE
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential helpline open during term times: 01223 699 214
Outside of term time please leave a message – a smaller number of staff are available to answer queries and it will take time for them to respond to your enquiry.