Independent Support – free help with EHCPs

Are you a Cambridgeshire parent or carer struggling to find your way through the EHCP process? Don’t panic – free, independent support is just a click or phone call away.

To help families through the new assessment and planning process, Cambridgeshire parents and carers of a child or young person with additional needs can get help from an Independent Supporter.  However, please note that this time-limited service is ending on July 31 2018.


How it helps your family          

An Independent supporter will:

  • Act as a named contact person throughout the EHCP assessment and planning process for your child
  • Help you transfer a Statement of SEN or Learning Difficulty Assessment to an EHCP
  • Help you prepare for meetings
  • Help you get the information you need for an EHCP from various services.

Find an Independent Supporter for your family in Cambridgeshire

Option 1: SENDIASS

This is the Special Educational Needs & Disability Information, Advice and Support Service – formerly the Parent Partnership Service. This free, impartial service offers help to any Cambridgeshire children, young people and their families.

Tel: Sylvia Nicklin on 07469 377 389


You can also contact the SENDIASS manager Robert Wilson on 01223 699211 or email

Option 2: Core Assets – service ending July 31 2018

Contracted to provide Cambridgeshire families with Independent Support through the EHCP process.

Tel: 0800 028 8455  9am – 9pm weekdays,  9am -5pm weekends


Core Assets Website