Requesting an Autism Assessment

How do I make a request?

Autism is diagnosis that can only be made by a suitably qualified medical professional.

In Cambridgeshire, this service is provided through the NHS by the Community Pediatrician or
Clinical Psychologist for preschool and primary school-aged children and the Child
psychiatrist/psychologist (CAMH) for secondary school age.

Whilst you might have an assessment as part of an Education Health and Care Plan Assessment, an Autism Assessment can be done without one.

Our Handy Guide sets out how to make a request and what the process involves.