Pinpoint Cambridgeshire helps county parents and carers, especially those with children with additional needs and disabilities. We set up in 2008 and became a registered charity in 2014. Our charity number is 1156920. We have a team of six staff and a board of trustees.
We can help you with:
- information and contacts with professionals and expert advisors
- links to support groups across the county
- training and workshops on Autism and ADHD and Preparing for Adulthood (14-25s)
- speaking up on issues affecting families
- opportunities to improve services such as health, social care and education
- an annual conference showcasing support and services for Cambridgeshire families affected by disability and additional needs.
Working with parents around the county
We are based in St Ives but work across Cambridgeshire and with partners including:
What our parents say ...
Great to listen to other parents.
Really good to find support and assistance at this stage, as I feel like I’m in the dark.
I come to meetings to find out how to help my son – I feel the knowledge I have gained has helped settle him into the school environment.
This is a great service!
I have attended Pinpoint events for quite a few years now and have found the information very helpful and it has also enabled me to point other people in the right direction.
Pinpoint meetings are in sensible locations and provide really high quality speakers and resources.
Pinpoint have always been very helpful with and queries/problems that parents have. More recently, the help and support given to parents with home to school transport issues had been very useful and has helped parents achieve a positive outcome.
I think it’s important for professionals to hear parents’ opinions.
Many thanks for an excellent meeting – well run, good quality attendees who listened! Very helpful, on many levels.
Excellent range of specialists available to listen, and answers questions, good location, good to meet other parents.
The 2017 Pinpoint Conference was very empowering, a celebration of what parents can achieve.