When it goes wrong

question mark on blackboard

Need to chase or complain about services?

Social care

Complaints: the Cambridgeshire County Council’s has a leaflet explaining how to feedback concerns


Make contact with PALS, the Patient Advice and Liaison Service. The number covering Cambridgeshire services is 0300 131 1000


  • SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS), formerly the Parent Partnership Service, provides information, advice and support to parents of children with special educational needs who have concerns about how their child is being supported in school.
  • IPSEA – Independent Parental Special Education Advice – also offers free information service and an advice line. It can help with SEN appeals and disability discrimination claims to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal.
  • The Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) looks at complaints about councils and some other authorities and organisations, including education admissions appeal panels and adult social care providers (such as care homes and home care providers). Read more on how you can contact the LGO if you feel this might apply to you.
  • Academy/free schools: Concerned about a school under-performing or governance issues? The Regional Schools Commissioners are responsible for holding academy trusts to account.  The RSC  for the East of England and is responsible for making decisions about the academies and free schools in Cambridgeshire. More information about the responsibilities of RSCs

Emergency care for your child or young person

Click through to our emergency information page for contact details and what to do.

Mental health crisis – who to call

Need legal information or advice?

Find information guides and template letters on our Legal Information webpage



Child excluded or threatened with exclusion?

If your child has been excluded from school or has been threatened with exclusion due to their behaviour, ACE can help you.

You can phone their exclusion advice line 0808 800 0327 or exclusion information line 020 7704 9822.

Read more about exclusions