We’re looking for an experienced communications officer with web development skills to join us.
We’re looking for an experienced professional to join our small and dynamic team and help us maintain and extend our reach. We need someone who has the necessary skills and knowledge to hit the ground running with minimal training. Working remotely will be a feature of this role in the current circumstances.
Could this be you?
Please see below the job description and person specification.
Applications are by letter explaining how you meet our aspirations, together with your cv by 18th November.
Interviews (virtual) are on 24th November, with the successful candidate available for an immediate start. This role 13 hours a week, pays £13.60 an hour pro-rata and is term-time only. Flexible working is an option.
Please apply by email to Sarah@pinpoint-cambs.org.uk.
Closing date: 18th November 2020
Job Description – Communications Officer
· Assist the CEO in the planning and delivery of the communications strategy.
· Manage, write content and update the Pinpoint website (a WordPress site).
· Manage, write content and develop Pinpoint’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter presence.
· Manage, write and produce Pinpoint’s information and marketing materials.
· Produce marketing materials to promote Pinpoint activities.
· Write and produce a monthly newsletter and distribute using an online marketing tool.
· Produce Pinpoint’s annual report with content input from Trustees and CEO.
· Produce surveys and polls using online tools and produce summary reports.
· Manage the communications mailboxes and reply to client emails on behalf of Pinpoint.
· Write and produce performance reports regarding the website and social media.
· Build and maintain Pinpoint’s image library.
· Produce copy for external publications in print and online.
· Lead on the planning, promotion, and delivery of the annual conference.
· Proof all comms materials prior to publication.
· Carry out any other duties in agreement with the CEO and commensurate with the role.
Pinpoint Communications Officer Personal Specification
|To be literate: to demonstrate a high standard of written and verbal English, commensurate with the role.
|To be a competent proof-reader, able to demonstrate a good standard of proofreading, grammatical knowledge, and ability to do so under deadline conditions.
|Demonstrable ability to use Word to a high standard to prepare comms materials.
|Demonstrable ability to use Adobe, Canva, Word Press and other software to deliver comms activity.
|Ability to work on own initiative, managing and prioritising workload to deadlines and confident in taking decisions having assessed priorities and risks.
|Ability to quickly identify issues and risks and to use comms expertise to diffuse them or manage them in line with strategic aims of organisation.
|Ability to build effective relationships with parent carers, the staff team, partners and a range of organisations and individuals. An ability to build rapport and demonstrate empathy through face to face, written and other comms activities.
|Ability to communicate effectively with our parent carer audience with appropriate understanding of SEND issues and audience experience influencing tone, language and content.
|Ability to flex communications styles between audiences and to produce a range of materials relevant to the different aspects of Pinpoint’s work. this may include contributing to fundraising bids, report writing and producing other documents such as the annual report.
|To have strong presentation skills and good interpersonal skills, able to represent Pinpoint as and when needed, including delivering face to face sessions if required.
|Ability to manage all aspects of comms work from strategy to creation, through to procurement and delivery.
|Ability to work flexible within a small team and be a strong team player.
|Understanding of SEND issues and parental experience
|Knowledge of the voluntary/community sector organisations, in particular those working with families.
|Knowledge of local service providers providing a service to families of children and young people with additional needs.
|Knowledge of the needs of the families of children and young people with additional needs.
|Experience of working in a comms role, designing communication activities and materials, producing copy, procuring print/advertising and delivering activity.
|Experience in working in the voluntary sector, either in a paid or voluntary capacity.
|Experience of delivering fast-paced environment with no additional human resource.
|Experience of managing a multi-channel comms programme with particular reference to exploiting social media and online communications.